Holiday season is upon us which means it’s time for dinner parties and soirees. If you’ve been invited to a party then of course it’s just good manners to take a gift along for the hostess.
And what is a good hostess gift you might ask.
Well wine and flowers seem to be the traditional gift, but of course any hostess with the mostess will already have bought wine and flowers. So I’ve collected up some wonderful ideas for thoughtful hostess gifts to show your hostess (or host) how much you appreciate their generosity.
Thoughtful Hostess Gift Ideas
- Homemade Potpourri – Potpourri is always a great idea and the kind you make yourself always smells so much nicer than the stuff you buy in the store. I love that this recipe makes a home smell like Fall!
- DIY Chalkboard Wine Glasses – What an amazing idea is this? Chalkboard wine glasses would make a brilliant hostess gift, because they’re practical and can be used right away. Just remember to include some chalk so your hostess can write the names of the dinner guests and set them on the table right away.
- DIY Gold Mason Jar Flower Vases – Here’s an elegant hostess gift idea, these vases look wonderful and you have to look twice to realise that they’re mason jars.
- Caramel Apple Gift in a Jar – This gift idea is great for apple season, it’s a caramel apple kit in a jar!s
- Cake in a Jar – Sticking with the gift in a jar idea for a minute, how about a cake in a jar? This isn’t one of those dry mix ones though, it’s an actual baked cake right there in a jar. What party hostess wouldn’t love to receive one of those?
- Hostess Herb Plant – Here’s another elegant hostess gift idea, there’s just something beautiful about the herbs all wrapped up in hessian.
- Hostess Gifts for Children – Don’t forget the children when you think of your hostess gifts.
- Cornucopia Activity for Kids – Here’s one for the kiddos to make for the little hosts at Thanksgiving maybe?
- Dollar Store DIY Hot Pads – Hot pads are another practical, put them to good use straight away, hostess gift idea. This tutorial will show you how to take a cheap set of hot pads and make them look amazing. This gift would be perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner parties.
- Fall Hostess Gift Ideas – If you don’t have time for homemade hostess gifts then check this one out for a basket of treats idea.
- Easy DIY Monogram Chalkboard Paint Coasters – If you loved those chalkboard wine glasses as much as I did why not make a set of monogrammed chalkboard coasters to match.
- Etched Glass Monogram Tumblers – Here’s another idea for a monogrammed hostess gift, made with etched glass. Take a look because it’s not as difficult as you might think and looks beautiful.
- Teacup Gardens – These teacup gardens are just so exquisite they would make a really unique hostess gift idea.
- DIY Stamped Spoon Plant Markers – Following on from that teacup garden idea, these vintage spoon plant markers would just add that something extra!
- Breakfast Hostess Gift – Banana Bread and Honey Butter – How about giving your hostess a gift she can enjoy after the guests have all gone home. Because after all a hostess who throws a fabulous party deserves to have breakfast in bed the following day right?
- Gifting Homemade Breads – If you plan on baking bread to give your hostess as a thank you why not check out this great tutorial for making a fabric wrap that will keep the bread fresh.
~Clare, currently pinning to Fall and Thanksgiving Recipes