Jump to What You Want to See
Does the thought of preparing school lunches for your kids fill you with dread? Don’t worry because we have rounded up an awesome collection of ideas for you, in fact one whole month’s worth of school lunch ideas for kids… with no repeats!
So you no longer have to worry about running out of time every morning and sending the kiddos off with a dull cheese sandwich and grapes combo, and they won’t have a chance to get so bored of their lunch that they trade it in with a friend for a much less healthy option.
- 10 Kid Friendly Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes the Whole Family Will Love!
- 11 Chicken Enchilada Recipes to Make Your Mouth Water
The Secret to a Healthy Lunch is to Be Prepared
- The key to variety when it comes to school lunches is to be prepared and have a plan. This list of lunch ideas will be your plan, so you know exactly what your kids are going to eat each day, and therefore you can make sure you pick the right ingredients up as part of your grocery shop.
- It also helps to have an awesome lunch box, like this one which has three sections for keeping the lunch items separate.
- Some silicone ice pop containers, like these so you can send the kids off with frozen smoothies which will melt just in time for lunch.
- And a no leak water bottle, like this one, so your kids get their daily dose of H20.
- Oh and if you’re not including anything frozen in the lunchbox you’ll want an icepack, so don’t miss this genius post on how to make your own icepack! So much cheaper than a shop bought one so it doesn’t matter if they lose it, and much lighter to carry too.
If you really want to save time preparing school lunches you can follow this plan and make up lunches for the whole week on a Sunday afternoon!
Healthy School Lunch Ideas for Kids
The Star of the Show
First up we have 20 different lunch ideas, and yes we snuck a couple of sandwiches in there, because sandwiches are great, we just don’t want to eat them every day!
- Mini pepperoni pizzas
- Deli ham and cheese rollups
- Spiderman themed lunch
- Peanut butter treats
- Make your own mini tacos
- Winnie the Pooh themed lunch
- Angry birds lunch
- Mini ham and cheese quinoa cups
- Peanut butter and jelly sushi rolls
- Salmon and mozzarella quesadilla
- Ham, cheese and tomato on a stick
- Mini chicken and broccoli pie
- DIY Pizza Lunchables
- Mini chicken pot pie
- Mini frittata
- Love bug sandwiches
- Strawberry and banana wrap
- Mini shrimp, tomato and cucumber on a stick
- Tuna salad and crackers
- Mini bacon cheeseburger calzones
- Mini grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches
- Mini cheeseburger pie
The Supporting Acts
Next up we have some ideas for healthy sides to compliment the star of the show:
- Trail mix
- Clementine wedges
- Apple chips
- Banana slices
- Mixed salad (Leftover from last night’s dinner perhaps?)
- Cheese cubes
- Frozen Smoothies
A Fabulous Finale
- Cookie bites
- Goldfish crackers
- Homemade Cheeze-it Crackers
- Chocolate chip cookie dough mousse
- Scarecrow bars
Delicious School Snacks Delivered To Your Mailbox Every Week
You can save even more time in the kitchen by ordering your snacks in, instead of making them from scratch, it doesn’t make you any less of a Super Mom, and the snacks from Graze are a whole lot healthier than a bag of chips from the store.
Each graze box is made up of perfectly portioned snacks based on your kid’s tastes and dietary requirements. There are more than 100 snacks to choose from so they’ll never get bored, and might even be encouraged to try something new!
You can have your snacks delivered once or twice a week, and the box is small enough to fit in your mailbox.
And the best part is that if sign up via this link right here your first box is completely free!
Lunchbox Love Notes
If your child is a little wary about going back to school why not pop a love note in their lunchbox to let them know you’re thinking about them?
Or for an educational twist check out these literacy notes.
There you have it, 20 main lunch items, some healthy sides and a handful of treat ideas. You’re all set for a whole month of school lunch ideas for kids!
Yay for exciting lunches!
If you love the idea of planning your family’s meals a month at a time you should check out our popular post One month of homemade freezer meals – with no repeats! We also have a whole collection of kid friendly recipes your family will love.
~Clare, currently pinning to Kid Friendly Recipes