Disney World might be our favourite vacation destination, but it’s certainly not the cheapest. Which is why we do something every single day to contribute towards our Disney Fund. Here are four super simple ways you can save around $4500 to put towards your trip to Disney World.
Save Money to Pay for Your Disney Vacation
1. Brown Bag your lunch…and save up to $3000 a year
A great way to save money to pay for your Disney vacation is to start brown bagging your lunch and making your own morning coffee.
If you currently buy a coffee on the way to work or eat lunch out with colleagues you’re probably spending about $10-15 a day.
If you make yourself a coffee every morning instead and take it in a refillable bug, and then whip yourself up a home-made lunch to take to work with you you’d probably only spend $1-3 a day.
That’s a saving of about $12 a day, every weekday, for 52 weeks, which adds up to an astonishing $3000!
You can see other ways you can make small changes to your day ad save money you can put towards your vacation over at The Simple Dollar.
2. Get a credit card that pays you to shop
We generally don’t use cash in our household, instead our groceries, gas and other purchases all get put on a credit card (which we pay off at the end of every month). We do this mainly to help with budgeting, and so we can account for all of our expenditure, but the bonus is that our credit card provider gives us cash back on the purchases we make.
As long as you pay the bill off in full each month (so that you don’t incur any interest) your credit card company is giving you free money to put towards your vacation.
Ask your bank if they offer a cash back credit card, or search Google for the ‘Best Cash back Credit Card Offers’ to see if there is one suitable for you.
And don’t forget that applying for a credit card shouldn’t be taken lightly, you need to use the card wisely and if you don’t pay it off in full each month then it’s costing you money not helping you save money.
3. Start a Disney savings jar
If cash is more your thing then think about starting a savings jar. Look in your kitchen cupboards for a large jar or bottle and start filling it with loose change.
You might want to just save five dollar bills, or quarters, or all of your loose change. Whenever you come home, empty your pockets, put your change in the jar and watch your savings grow.
4. Take the 52 Week Money Challenge… and save $1,378 in 12 months
The 52 Week Money Challenge is a surprisingly simple way to save $1,378 in just 12 months. Click the link to download our 52 Week Money Challenge Printable which shows you exactly how much money you need to save each week to reach that $1,378 target within just 12 months!
You’ll be taking your kids to visit Mickey Mouse before you know it.
The Must Read Book Before You Head to Disney World!
Researching your Disney vacation online is a brilliant thing to do, and we are so glad you are here reading our secrets.
But nothing beats a guidebook that you can read over and over before your trip and then throw in your suitcase so you have all of the information you need at your fingertips while you are on vacation.
This is the best paper guidebook whether it's your first trip or your hundredth trip, because it is regularly updated throughout the year so it has the most up to date information in it.
Read the Rest of Our Disney Planning Secrets Series
We have a whole series of posts where we share our Best Disney World Tips - click on the links below to read them all. And don't forget to pin them for later.
- How to Save up to $4,500 to Pay for Your Disney Vacation in Just One Year
- How to Get Ridiculously Cheap Flights to Get You to Disney World
- Are Disney World Hotels Really Worth the Money, Or Just an Unnecessary Expense?
- How to Save Money on Your Disney World Tickets - Without Listening to BORING Timeshare Presentations!
- How to Save up to $200 on Your Disney World Hotel Room
- How to Plan Your Disney World Vacation Like a Pro - Part 1
- How to Plan Your Disney World Vacation Like a Pro - Part 2
- We Reveal How to Eat for Less on Your Disney World Vacation
- We Reveal the Secret to Making Dining Reservations at Disney World
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Disney World’s Fabulous Menus, Even if You Have Food Allergies
- Disney's Least Kept Secret: the Not So Secret Way to Avoid the Lines at Disney World
- Your Complete Guide to Securing the Best Seat for Disney World Fireworks and Attractions
- Revealed: The Secret to Getting Extra Interaction from Mickey Mouse and His Pals
- Revealed: The Secret Entrances to Disney World Parks That Will Give You A Head Start On the Crowds
- What to Do in Disney World When it Rains
~Clare – currently pinning to All Things Disney!.
- Save Money to Pay for Your Disney Vacation
- The Must Read Book Before You Head to Disney World!
- Read the Rest of Our Disney Planning Secrets Series