A warm and hearty chili is the perfect way to end the day when it’s cold outside. We’ve rounded up 14 quick and easy chili recipes so that you’ve got something to choose from on a cold day, a lazy day, or even game day. Because nothing says tailgating quite like chili right?
Quick and Easy Chili Recipes
- Slow Cooker Texas Chili Recipe – Nothing says quick and easy like a slow cooker recipe. This Texas Chili has a secret ingredient to add some warmth and is perfect served with Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast.
- Easy Chili – If you’re not keen on peppers then you might want to try this Easy Chili recipe instead. You just dump the ingredients in a pan and simmer for an hour. Can’t say easier than that right?
- Lemony Mushroom Chicken Chili – I know I promised you quick and easy chili recipes, and this one isn’t as quick as the others. But I had to include it because it’s not often you come across a chili recipe with lemon and mushrooms. But apparently this chili is so special new mums request it as soon as they get out of the hospital!
- 30 Minute Spicy Ancho Turkey Chili – Now let’s get right back to quick and easy. How does 30 minutes grab you? A delicious hearty chicken you can make from scratch in less time than it would take to deliver a pizza. Sounds good right? Apparently it’s so good Lindsay made it 3 times in a week!
- 5-Ingredient Chili – It seems that most great chili recipes come with a list of ingredients as long as your arm, which is why this one jumped out at me. Because it has just five ingredients. Oh and it’s another 30 minute dinner so if you’ve been out and about you can still serve this up before the game starts.
- Wendy’s Chili Copycat Slow Cooker Recipe – Are you a fan of Wendy’s Chili but don’t have a restaurant nearby? Well then you will love this copycat recipe so you can now make it at home. Oh and it’s another crock pot recipe so the preparation takes no time at all and then you can just leave that pot to do it’s thing while you go about your day.
- Easy Mild Chili Recipe – Here’s another five ingredient chili recipe for you, but this time it’s a mild one, because we don’t all love hot chili right?
- The Best Turkey Chili You’ll Ever Taste – How about a healthy chili recipe? This one uses 99% fat free ground turkey. And it’s just perfect for tailgating.
- No-Bean Chili Recipe – If you never make chili at home because you or the kiddos don’t like beans then this is the perfect choice for you. All of the flavour with none of the little round things.
- Chorizo zucchini chilli – If your family loves chorizo they’ll love this recipe, and if you’re avid campers too it cooks great over a camp fire!
- Homemade Chili from Scratch – So many homemade chilli recipes use packaged seasoning, if you want to be real old school and make your chilli from scratch then check out this recipe. And it’s still quick and easy too!
- Pumpkin turkey chili recipe – If your kitchen is overrun with pumpkins at the moment you might want to be a little adventurous and add some pumpkin to your turkey chili. The semi-sweet flavour compliments adds a great depth to the flavour of your chili.
- Chili Pasta Bake – Shall we finish up the list of quick and easy chili recipes with something a little different? Chili is perfect served with nachos or Texas Toast, but have you ever used it to make a pasta bake? No? I think you might be missing out.
- Chili Cheese Pretzel Bites– Or how about combining the chilli, with cheese and then baking it in a pretzel bite? Is your mouth watering at the thought? Wait until you click through and read the recipe!
Best Kitchen Tools for Chili Recipes
The best thing about quick and easy chili recipes is that you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Of course if you use an old non stick pot that’s no longer non stick you could find yourself spending hours trying to clean it up. Why not treat yourself to something to make the clean up just as easy as the cooking.
- Enamelled Cast Iron Dutch Oven – this dutch oven is as beautiful as it is practical. It won’t absorb flavours or odours and you can happily store your leftovers in it in the fridge or even the freezer. They recommend you hand wash it with warm water, but if you’re really pushed for time it is safe to go in the dishwasher.
- Set n Forget Slow Cooker – if you prefer to use a crock pot for your chili then this model from Hamilton Beach is simple to use and easy to clean.
If you loved these Quick and Easy Chili Recipes recipes don’t miss our other kid friendly recipes including our collection of baked chicken breast recipes or chicken enchilada recipes for more great ways to make healthy meals the whole family will enjoy together.
~Clare, currently pinning to Kid Friendly Recipes