December is only weeks away now, where on earth has the year gone? While we still have time to put off thinking about Christmas, time is running out if you want to make a DIY Advent Calendar.
I’m not a big fan of those store bought calendars with chocolates in especially as my kiddos are still so little. What I really want is a homemade calendar project that is simple enough to create, but that could be a family heirloom, or at least last throughout their childhood!
With that in mind I’ve rounded up 12 easy advent calendars to make at home, and as usual I’m sharing them with you in case you need some inspiration too.
Easy Advent Calendars to Make at Home
- Goody Bag Garland Advent Calendar – Oh my goodness, how awesome is this idea? An advent calendar made from goody bags. I’m looking out for these next time I go to the store.
- Message in an Ornament Advent Calendar – I am amazed by this unique advent calendar idea, I’ve never seen anything like it!
- RAOK Advent Calendar Tree – I love this idea for an advent calendar, because as well as counting down the days to Christmas it also encourages daily random acts of kindness.
- DIY Paper Cup Advent Calendar – I love this idea for an advent calendar made from paper cups, decorated to look like reindeer!
- DIY Advent Calendar – I love the bright colours used on this advent calendar, it’s made from 2″ favour tins and looks amazing!
- Santa Countdown to Christmas – Oh this is so adorable! A lovely friendly Santa face, and each day you add another bit of cotton wool so come December 25 he has a full beard.
- Easy No Sew Burlap Advent Calendar – Ready for another no sew option that is so beautiful it could become a family heirloom!
- Christmas Tree DIY Advent Calendar – Here’s another idea that uses clothes pegs, but it’s styled to look like a Christmas tree.
- Christmas Forest Advent Calendar – Oh I love this one, because it’s a little festive scene that would look great on a console table.
- Advent in a Jar – When is an advent calendar not an advent calendar? When it becomes a garland for the Christmas tree!
- Try This: Colorful Paper Advent – What a fabulous way to show off some of your favourite family photos from the year gone by!
- Mantle Advent Calendar – And finally, if you like to hang a garland from your mantle piece at Christmas why not give this a try this year instead.
~Clare, currently pinning to Christmas Gift Ideas