Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to be going your way and you just need something warm, gooey and chocolatey to try and get things back on track?
Oh and if you need a gluten free recipe you can use this one too, just switch out the flour for a gluten free variety, we’ve made them in the past and they taste just as good!
- 1/2 cup of dairy free margarine (or normal marg or buttery if you don't need it DF)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar (caster will do if that's all you have)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of self raising flour (or gluten free flour if needed)
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven to 175C (347F).
- Melt the margarine in the microwave to soften it - I put mine in for 30 seconds at 600 watt. If you don't have a microwave you can skip this step, it's just my lazy way of making it easier to cream the margarine!
- Lightly beat the eggs then add those and the sugar to the margarine.
- Cream them together until light and fluffy.
- Now add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 8 inch square baking pan that you have lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then flip it out onto a plate, peel away the baking paper and cut into 9 slices (or less if you prefer them bigger).
- Now sit down, put your feet up and enjoy that warm, gooey, chocolatey yumminess!
- I'm assuming you won't eat the whole 9 slices in one sitting so let the brownies cool completely and then store them in an airtight container and they'll stay fresh for three of four days (maybe longer but ours are always eaten by then!)
- I haven't labelled this as a kid friendly chocolate brownie recipe because there is quite a lot of sugar in them, but I confess that my kiddos are allowed a bite or two and they agree that these brownies are scrumptious!
p.s. This post is linked up to some of these fabulous linky parties!
Oh and would you do us a favour and pin this post or share this with your friends on Facebook so that other moms can see it.